The Solar System: Exploring the Planets and Their Moons, from Mercury to Pluto and Beyond
Kaboom! About 4.6 billion years ago, a swirling gas cloud comprised of carbon dust, hydrogen, helium, water and ice collapsed under its own gravity, creating an enormous explosion the — a big bang, so to speak. As it contracted, the solar system we know today began to take shape. In The Solar System, readers journey back billions of years, to witness the birth of the planets, stars, and more. This insightful book features the following.
• The celestial bodies that make up our fascinating solar system are explored with a team of scientists and experts .
• This book offers provocative research of the nine major planets, their largest moons, famous comets and asteroids, and illuminates the amazing details of their creation, development and discovery.
• Unique spreads contain detailed descriptions, important data tables, intriguing graphics and lavish artworks of the planets, moons and other key celestial bodies.
• Interesting speculation is discussed about the possibility one day — perhaps in the year 2515 — of people inhabiting the moon.
• Fascinating information and more than 500 spectacular color illustrations and photographs add to this insightful book
by : Giles Sparrow